On a Collaboration Call with some Renew members recently, we came up with 9 ideas to maintain strong productivity during tax season, without burning out your team. Here they are - what do you think?
Please get in touch if you need more info or anything is unclear.
- Plan and schedule work in advance, on your terms. Your firm, your rules
- Discuss scope of work with the client and price upfront (you now have incentive to do the job quickly)
- Use a checklist to gather raw materials and ensure that everything has been received. Contact the client for missing information
- Allocate and explain the job clearly to the team during the handover process
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the job or provide additional value. You usually know where a job will go wrong, and it will go wrong again next year if you don’t fix it!
- Focus on CLOSING jobs. Minimize the number of opens jobs / accountant. Stop people from gravitating to the easy option of opening a new job when they get stuck; pick-up / put-down is the biggest productivity killer
- Monitor progress regularly to ensure the job is on track and identify any issues early
- Collaborate with the team to complete the job efficiently and effectively
- Celebrate successes and learn from setbacks to continuously improve productivity and prevent burnout.
For more tips like these, please subscribe to our free newsletter. We'll send you a regular newsletter with pragmatic tips and hacks to build an accounting firm with less tax season, more profits and better clients. And don't worry, if it's not for you, you can unsubscribe any time, no hard feelings!