Maintaining a positive attitude is key to achieving success and leading a fulfilling life.
One way to cultivate a positive attitude is to be mindful of the Renew mindset in ourselves and others.
Here are a few reminders to help you stay positive:
1. Staying Positive: Negativity is a real downer. No one likes to be around negative people, and negativity can be contagious. So, it's essential to avoid negative people and catch yourself if you find yourself being negative. A good walk or spending time outside can do wonders for your attitude.
2. Complaining: Complaining is toxic and unhealthy. When you complain, you're just allowing negativity to do push-ups in your brain. If others are complaining, a simple, "complaining doesn't help" is a good response. It's essential to focus on finding solutions to problems rather than just complaining about them.
3. Criticism: Constructive criticism is necessary for growth and success. However, criticism without any constructive feedback can be deflating. If someone is being overly critical without offering any solutions, it's okay to call them out and ask for options or solutions.
4. Gossip: Talking about others is not an endearing quality. Successful people talk about ideas and solutions, not other people. Gossip can create a negative environment and erode trust and respect.
5. Have Something to Look Forward to Every Day: It's easy to slip into survival mode during deadline periods, but it's important to focus on success rather than just surviving. One way to do this is to have something to look forward to every day. It could be as simple as having a meal with your family or taking your dog for a walk.
6. Block Time for Your Firm: Finally, be sure to block time to work on your firm after the deadline. This is something you can look forward to and will help you feel more in control of your work and life.
Cultivating a Renew mindset takes time and effort, but it's worth it in the end.
By being mindful of our internal dialogue and the attitudes of those around us, we can create a positive environment that promotes success and happiness. Remember to stay positive, avoid negativity, find solutions to problems, focus on ideas and solutions, and always have something to look forward to.
If you're interested in more insights like these, consider signing up for our Renewsletter: https://www.renewgroup.com/newsletter. Alternatively, if you'd like to discuss your CPA firm's specific needs, feel free to schedule a call with us: https://www.renewgroup.com/contact.
About the Author:
Shannon Vincent has dedicated his entire career to working with accountants in various capacities. He has consulted with Top 100 firms to Sole Practitioners, helping them create sustainable and profitable businesses. A member of the California Society of CPAs, he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics with an emphasis in accounting from University of California, Santa Barbara, and now resides in the San Francisco Bay Area. Shannon is passionate about helping accountants stay positive to succeed in everyday life.
About Renew Group:
Are you tired of being on the diet but not seeing results? Most consultants to the CPA Profession do lots of talking and deal in 'fluff'. But there's no accountability and no focus on RESULTS.
At Renew, we start with your numbers. Our firms complete a Pareto for Profit analysis EVERY YEAR, set new targets to improve their profitability and then 'weigh in' regularly. We give you a roadmap to transform the profitability of your accounting firm by accessing our content, collaborating with other firms on a similar path and being held accountable by our coaching team and your peers.
Get paid what you're worth, create a better life based on a scalable business model and eliminate tax season insanity once and for all!