Here is a punch list of some ReNew Productivity Hacks.
Feel free to add what is working for you.
· Time is your life and your greatest resource
· Block time for wellness during tax season and to work ON your firm. Make the firm #1 Client
· Start with No. If it’s not a Heck yes... it’s no
· Have at least one day a week with no meetings
· Ask yourself... if I don’t go to this meeting will it matter?
· If it can be accomplished in a quick phone call, avoid the meeting
· Check email at certain times of the day NOT all day long
· Send your clients a list of who to contact at your firm for certain things eg copies of returns etc.
· Remind yourself you can’t care more than the client
· Define success for tax season. eg don’t just survive
· Ask your team often... what are we doing that is NOT making the firm #1 client
· Set a goal for each morning
· Set a goal for each afternoon
· Plan each week on Friday or over the weekend before the next week
· Delete social media from your phone
· Dramatically reduce news consumption
· Start your day with the tasks you aren’t excited about doing eg hard phone calls, a tax return you have been avoiding, tough team member conversation
· Laugh everyday. Eg little YouTube clips... in fact, better to start the day with a laugh than news
· Put vacation time / you time on your calendar first for the new year. Make it immovable time and do not allow anyone to schedule over it
· Reward yourself. Give yourself something to look forward to when you achieve a target or a milestone
· Don’t sacrifice good enough for the case of perfect.
If you're interested in more insights like these, consider signing up for our Renewsletter: https://www.renewgroup.com/newsletter. Alternatively, if you'd like to discuss your CPA firm's specific needs, feel free to schedule a call with us: https://www.renewgroup.com/contact.
About the Author:
Shannon Vincent has dedicated his entire career to working with accountants in various capacities. He has consulted with Top 100 firms to Sole Practitioners, helping them create sustainable and profitable businesses. A member of the California Society of CPAs, he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics with an emphasis in accounting from University of California, Santa Barbara, and now resides in the San Francisco Bay Area. Shannon is passionate about helping accountants and accounting firms improve their productivity and output.
About Renew Group:
Are you tired of being on the diet but not seeing results? Most consultants to the CPA Profession do lots of talking and deal in 'fluff'. But there's no accountability and no focus on RESULTS.
At Renew, we start with your numbers. Our firms complete a Pareto for Profit analysis EVERY YEAR, set new targets to improve their profitability and then 'weigh in' regularly. We give you a roadmap to transform the profitability of your accounting firm by accessing our content, collaborating with other firms on a similar path and being held accountable by our coaching team and your peers.
Get paid what you're worth, create a better life based on a scalable business model and eliminate tax season insanity once and for all!